Welcome to Polka: the truly alive nightspot you’ve been waiting for. No idle bopping or scowling by the bar for us – we’re all about orchestrating the most energised dancefloor you’ve ever seen, bringing back old-school dances and insisting on the highest levels of peacockery.
Our space features multiple areas, including
- A large club room with central bandstand, massive dancefloor, catwalk, cabaret seating and cutting-edge lighting effects
- An atmospheric bar area with booth seating
- An outdoor courtyard with burger stand
- Reception hall with cloakroom and powder rooms
- Private studio with piano
Our live music line-up features a selection of traditional and contemporary dance music offerings, ranging from swing to samba, bachata to bush dances, charleston to cha cha, jive to jitterbug. Our state-of-the-art bandstand has hosted the likes of The Windy Choppers, Czech Out, The Catadon Polka Collective, Green Salsa, Electroswindlers and more.
Don’t know the moves? Join us every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday for drop-in classes in the club room, or book a private lesson with one of our teachers. We promise you’ll be up and away in no time. Our current class roster is as follows:
- Lindy Hop/West Coast Swing: Monday 7pm, Wednesday 8pm
- Latin Ballroom: Monday 6pm, Tuesday 8pm, Wednesday 7pm
- Folk Roots: Monday 8pm, Wednesday 6pm
- Neo-Charleston and Electro Swing: Tuesday 7pm
- Introductory partner lifting: Tuesday 6pm
Bar & Food
Our world class cocktail bar also serves a selection of hydrating, non-alcoholic elixirs and bar food, including award-winning nachos. For something to really sink your teeth into, find our hearty burger stand outside in the courtyard.